Free guided tours of the city by the municipality of Ioannina continue
Latest News | 13 - 10 - 2022
Four additional routes in October and November include the program of Sunday walks "Learning about my city", organized by the Department of Tourism of the municipality of Ioannina.
According to the plan, on October 16, there will be a visit to the Archaeological Museum of Ioannina, followed by a guided tour of the Archaeological Site of Dodoni.
On October 23, there will be a tour of the Castle (Municipal Ethnographic Museum, Byzantine Museum, Fethiye Mosque and Silversmithing Museum).
On Sunday, November 13, the program includes a guided tour of the Lorenzo Mavilis Monument (in the area of Driskos), the Holy Monastery of Agios Nikolaos on Mount Tzoras and the Archaeological Site of Kastritsa.
The fourth route, on November 27, is a "journey" through the history, roots and culture of three communities, which coexisted for centuries in the city of Ioannina and left their mark over time... The tour will start from the Sanctuary Church of Ag. Athanasiou (Metropolis of Ioannina) and will continue at the Jewish Synagogue and the mosque of Aslan Pasha.
The participants' entry to the program's visitable areas, as well as their bus travel, are free of charge.
Information and actions to participate in the program
The guided tours will be held on Sunday and will last approximately 3 hours.
- The walks will start at 11 in the morning from the Office of the Tourism
- Department of the municipality (M. Botsari & Moulaymidi).
- Declarations of participation will be submitted until the Thursday of the last week before each route.
- Priority will be given.
- Applications for participation will be submitted daily electronically via the email firstname.lastname@example.org (with the name and contact phone number) or in person, from Monday to Thursday at the Tourism Department.
- In case of bad weather, the guided tour-walk in the outdoor areas will not take place.
- For more information, interested parties can contact the telephone number: 26510 37017.